2014年8月28日星期四

Why you be supposed to prepare customer interviews (even if you don’t think you need to)

Why you be supposed to prepare customer interviews (even if you don’t think you need to)

I admit to a substantial amount of hubris previously entering the Summer Launchpad code not quite three months in the past. I was excited to contain the support and guidance of SLP while my brother (also, my co-founder) and I figured given away how to point our prototype into a small business.

But, I found the hint of burden 10 to 15 customer interviews a week daunting and distracting. How can I commit to “getting given away of the building” as I contain so much additional exert yourself to prepare building and humanizing our initially item for consumption?

At the same time as a musician and the front item for consumption designer, I had a vindicate hint of the difficult I wanted to solve, and I knew I beg your pardon? I wanted to build – afterward all, I was building it in support of myself!

So, launching into customer discovery felt avoidable by the phase. Promote, I had such sturdy convictions with reference to stress and the state of electronic instruments so as to I was particular my peers would feel the same at the same time as way I did.

However, up for grabs through the customer development process showed me the danger in the field of so as to kind of thinking. In the field of conversation to musicians and song producers, I was able mull it over so as to our respect proposition resonated strongly with our target customers.

Yet, nearby was a set to live learned with reference to how our competitors’ products are perceived and used and how Sensory Percussion would fit into the current eco-system.

While my first pride and fixed ideas up for grabs into customer development interviews posed a first challenge, my brother and I found an attempt so as to worked.

At this time are approximately tactics culled from our wonderful teachers by SLP, the thin startup corpus of understanding and from our own trial and miscalculation for the duration of customer interviews so as to I found as a rule cooperative.

1. Arrange a standard inventory of questions

To ensure so as to overall results from interviews are interpretable and meaningful, advantage the same established of questions in support of all interviews. Of course of action, these questions be supposed to live unoccupied of bias and leading responses.

In the field of many interviews, especially with highly-skilled, practiced drummers, I felt a entreat to skip particular questions so as to I felt were too obvious. However, the answers to such unadorned questions persistently surprised me and helped to form a better overall understanding of our customer found.

2. Designate a neutral interviewer to ask questions

In the field of the initiation, I found our initially several interviews wearisome as I felt a sturdy urge to cut in my own experiences, belief and opinions. So, in support of the initially pair weeks, I handled simply memo taking until I got the hang of the process.

3. Shun describing the item for consumption previously before for the duration of the interview

Although I found it vigorously to not plug I beg your pardon? We were working on while scheduling interviews, especially with drummers who I knew would live excited with reference to it, it’s crucial to keep interviewees in the field of the dark in the field of order to make un-biased responses. Simply knowing I beg your pardon? The item for consumption is can front the customer’s answers.

4. Ask all applicant to link up you with other public to interview

Stress is a pretty particular and relatively trivial occurrence, and so we found it trying to attain drummers to hearsay to by initially. However, many of our shortly interviewees were secondary links through the initially the minority public we interviewed.

5. Tell somebody to an effort to perform ahead of your own disk

Lone of the deficiencies I axiom in the field of our customer interviews is so as to we didn’t successfully break given away of our own make contacts of musician acquaintances, despite referrals to secondary links. As a rule of the musicians I know are in the field of indie-rock, jazz, experimental and electronic song, and we did not interview musicians from other genres. This is a deficiency so as to we spirit contain to correct in the field of the arrival months.

The customer development process showed me so as to it’s by no means too first to start customer interviews. However, it can live too later than usual. Although I had wanted to rub the item for consumption initially and lurch straight to user hard, up for grabs given away and conversation to budding customers helped focus and cleanse my ideas previously building something so as to I would contain had to spruce up in the field of the come to an end.

So if in the least of this feels familiar, don’t live terrified to make given away nearby and hearsay to public initially. It can simply help and can potentially save you from building something so as to simply you spirit intend to advantage.


  Related : http://iblog.at/laptopakkushop/  

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页